Day -3: Departure Blues

Pre-Departure
Days just go by in a flash and the past two weeks have been nothing but intense cramming and preparations. These included:
  • reading two books - macroeconomics and finance
  • an online accounting module
  • reading a case material
  • diligently going through the AMP online portal and reviewing the tips
  • preparing a bio with an executive pic and submitting it to Harvard
  • last minute health checks and personal purchases
  • banking and financial matters
  • going to the office to take care of pressing matters
I really need to thank my colleagues and my boss for ensuring that my plate got cleared in the last two weeks so I can focus on my preparations for Harvard Business School's Advanced Management Program (AMP).


Departure


The MIASCOR VIP Lounge, at NAIA 1
And then in a blink of an eye, it was time to fly to Boston. I bid my wife, our house help and dogs adieu. The next time I will see them is on the eve of June 1st, when I return home, unless of course my wife surprises me and planes in. Come to think of it, this is the longest time I have been away from my lovely wife.
Getting to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1, was a breeze at 4am. But what was even more surprising was that it took me only 30 minutes from the time I arrived at the airport until I got to the MIASCOR Lounge -- 30 minutes. I have been involved in some pretty intense travelling around the globe and this by far sets the record, coming especially from the terminal voted as the world's airport. The secret - online check in - God's gift to man.

And finally, it was time to board the plane. Harvard here I come!